Sunday, 26 September 2010

travelling swallowing dramamine.

I feel as though I really need to get painting again, I mean I have been, but I have got stuck. Yes stuck. So I have been rooting around the big old world wide web, and looking on booooooom to get myself going, well I am at my mothers, so there is not much I can do now, but hopefully I will still be mentally refreshed by tomorrow evening after work, it is sad that it's come to this, making plans to make art. Hah waiting until a day off work to do what I most possibly do best but not well at all.
Anyway, here we go!Scott Hunt.
I found his charcoal drawings on boom and they are beautiful, I was seriously in love with this one in particular, its so gruesome, but comical at the same time. It is like an old fashioned photograph where they would take photos of the dead, fully dressed, sat up in chairs, as a whole family, and you for some reason hope that a person will appear in the background, smiling, with their thumbs up. And I am quite sure that this satisfies that need.


Michael BorremansWell, I am a massive fan, this isn't a full painting of course, but somehow I appreciate it more, its beautifully simple, and the colours are also, they add a nostalgic feeling like old photographs, which have faded over the years. His brush strokes aren't blended they are lovely and bold, which is something I am so very jealous of as I have never been able to successfully achieve this. I don't know what more to say really.

Well since spending a ridiculous amount of time attempting to write that, and watch Juno on the television, which by the way, although it is a bit of a stupid story, where you know the man will flirt with her and leave his wife, and juno herself is quite a knob to be frank, is very well done, I have lost all thought for art. I am being lazy, I have sudden bursts of needing to paint and collage, but then I realise that I am not at university and may I shouldn't be doing it as some how I am undeserving haha, I wish I understood my brain.
Ok so I am going to move to music, and wack up a few from the top ten...I think there is definitely more than ten in my top ten, but I don't want to number them as they will change and yeah you know the drillllzz

Weezer - Undone the sweater song


The Offspring - Jennifer lost the war


Neutral milk hotel - Oh comely


Nirvana - Anorexorcist


Pixies - Debaser

And of course, everybody have to love some Devo, I couldn't pick a song so you get a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment